Saturday, August 30, 2014

If Some Kid Tries To Sneak Into An R-Rated Movie, Will That Result In A "NATO Airstrike?"

Blog Utopia Photo

Recently, I brought my son to the movies and I didn't quite know what to make of this notice posted near the ticket booth. I figured "NATO" must mean something different than the "North Atlantic Treaty Organization" but what, exactly?

Turns out "NATO" is also the...

...National Association of Theater Owners. Click here for their website. They have offices in Washington, D.C. and North Hollywood. The organization was founded in 1965 by the merger of two large associations of theater owners. 

This is all fine and good but, really...

NATO? 

The strange use of an acronym I usually associate with something completely different goes CLANG, CLANG, CLANG in my head and when it finally stops clanging around, it still doesn't sit right. 

And the way it plays out, mentally, goes something like this:

Dear Lord, this is NATO POLICY!!!? What mere private citizen in their right mind would defy the all-powerful North Atlantic Treaty Organization which has more atomic weapons than GOD!!!??? 

Oh, wait...

You're telling me it's just the National Association of Theater Owners? 

Well, then, no need to be so concerned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment will be visible after approval. No trolls, spam, racist, abusive or sexually explicit comments.